Monday, August 21, 2006

Tennessee

Last year was crap. I don't know what that was all about. I don't know how much I buy David Cutcliffe as the savior of Erik Ainge, but I guess we'll see. Until that opener against Cal, Tennessee is a giant mystery. I like RB Arian Foster, and Tennessee always has athletes, so a spring back to the top is not out of the question. As I mentioned to one friend, the Vols could win the East. South Carolina's not there yet, Kentucky and Vandy are Kentucky and Vandy, Florida's offense may act like it did last year, and UGa has no proven QB. Now's the time to bounce back. So here's a look at the schedule:

The opener against Cal is a HUGE game for this program. They need this win like I need ramen. The Vols are every bit as talented as Cal, but will they play up to that potential? That's the question of the year for this team. Playing in Knoxville, I think Cal gives Tennessee fits. At this point, though, this game is impossible to call. On paper, Cal wins, but it Tennessee plays like it can, it can win this game. Time will tell. Air Force should be a win. My forecast for the Florida game will depend how both teams play in the two weeks prior. I'll get back to you. Marshall and Memphis are both wins. The Georgia game is also too close at this point. I'll get back to you. Tennessee should beat both Alabama and South Carolina, two teams that hit them while they were down last year. The Vols kick both of them in the face this year--unless they have already lost to Cal, Florida, and Georgia, in which case the pity party make them ripe for the pickins. LSU is a loss (last year was a fluke), and Arkansas will give them fits. I can't call the game against the Hogs this early. Vandy and Kentucky, though, are both wins. I don't care what happened last year. So, I'm not gonna tally up the scores, because there is too much up in the air for this team.

1 Comments:

At 10:08 AM, Blogger Maggie said...

"They need this win like I need ramen." That was funny :) And it's always good for your fiancee to know that ramen ranks higher than her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home