Saturday, August 12, 2006

It's Go Time

I apologize for my lack of posts this summer, but honestly, I think every major network did a decent job of running into the ground any story invovling suspensions, stupidity, and the like. Combined with that fact, I was working full-time. So excuses aside, I now begin to take my first look at this year's teams.

As a slight disclaimer, I am going to point out that I have not been to any team practices, so naturally everything I get is second hand. Secondly, most sports writers feel the need to inject their "feelings" into stories about how good a team is going to be, but this makes their information a bit more unreliable. Hence, I am simply going to say what I think about each team and their chances going into the season, but you certainly are not going to nail me down into a win/loss prediction this early in the season. I will begin to post my predictions for games, but expect my "predictions" to be a bit off early on until I get some major football TV time under my belt. So, with those caveats behind us, I will begin looking at teams from the SEC, and then progress down to conferences as I feel like, only talking about teams that I honestly care about and have some sort of opinion other than "Well ESPN says they'll be good." So check back with greater frequency as football season approaches.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home