Friday, December 30, 2005

Um...Right...

So, yeah. 0-4 ain't so bad, right? In my defense, Minnesota was up big early, as was Northwestern, and South Carolina. All then proceeded to choke. So it goes. This just goes to show how unpredictable these bowl games are. And then there's Miami-LSU game. Miami was not present for this one, outside of the first quarter...well, part of the first quarter. Could you tell they weren't too happy to be there? Oh well. I'm just glad LSU represented the SEC well be essentially running through, around, and over Miami's defense. Gotta love it. There's always tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow, let's quickly do my picks so you all can run out and bet against them. It's a sure thing!

Mienike Car Care Bowl

NC State vs. South Florida. I don't think anyone is watching. No, seriously. How did they get put on New Year's Eve? I want to call NC State in a close one because they at least play in a real conference. However, NC State is always up and down. The odds of them showing up for four quarters is quite slim. But who says they need four quarters to beat South Florida? Oh well. I think no matter who I pick, anyone watching this game loses. South Florida 21 - NC State 20.

Liberty Bowl

Fresno State vs. Tulsa. Hmm...Tulsa...they might win. So which Fresno will show up? This game will be in the national spotlight, so one tends to think the old Fresno will show up. Of course, they still have to beat Tulsa. I think they'll do it. I do, sort of, like QB Paul Pinegar. Of course, he made many bad decisions against USC, but scouts seem to like him. There must be something to that, right? All and all, I just don't think Tulsa's any good. Maybe I'm biased because they haven't beaten anyone of note and Fresno came awfully close. So it goes. Fresno 37 - Tulsa 34.

Houston Bowl

TCU vs. Iowa State. I am really, really tempted to pick Iowa State. I liked the Cyclones, but they faded late (and early). This team can score points on anyone, if they feel like it. TCU I have yet to see play. I think the Big 12 may represent in this game, but honestly, I hate the Big 12 and want TCU to win. Without any sort of factual basis for this other than Iowa State's late season collapse, I declare TCU to be the winner because they once had LT. So there. TCU 21 - Iowa State 19.

*How does a team get 19? Well you'll have to watch to find out!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home